Perrott Hill 8

I had not planned on writing any more posts about Perrott Hill, but I have changed my mind! Well, my Canon scanner is now working properly and I have found a few more photos that might be worth putting into my blog.

The English Room was my domain for four years, a large room at the top of what used to be a Victorian country house. The English Room was at one point divided into three separate classrooms, but then it just became one big classroom and the library next door. 

Yes, my desk was one of those high ones, like something out of Dickens. Mr Squeers would have approved! Blackboards and chalk were still much in vogue, as overhead digital projectors had not been invented.

I am just including these photos of various Perrott Hill pupils because they are good photos! 


 Well, they are good for me, as I am not really much of a photographer.

This is the only photo I have of Derek Hoare, at the school photograph. I have included this photo because someone wrote a comment about Bartle Frere on a previous post. Bartle Frere was D.G.G.H.’s nephew and Bartle visited the school a couple of times while I was at PHS and he also tagged along with the end-of-year school camp. He took lots of photos and many of them were included in the school magazine.

Bartle Frere is currently in prison, serving a twelve-year sentence for sexually molesting boys. After becoming a British Airways pilot, Bartle Frere often travelled to India and it was there that he started molesting children. Did Derek have any idea that his nephew was a paedophile? I really do not think so. I do not think that Bartle Frere started his crimes in the UK. It was only after he joined BA that his trips to India gave him the opportunity to indulge his perversions. I am glad that Derek was dead by the time Bartle’s crimes became public knowledge.

 

Ex-BA Pilot Denies Child Sex Offences


Bartle Frere is accused of abusing underage boys in India while working as a captain with BA, as well two boys in the UK.

Monday 29 September 2014 15:38, UK

Frere is said to have used his job with British Airways to meet young boys

A former British Airways pilot has denied committing sex offences against underage boys in India and the UK.

Bartle Frere, who is accused of 25 sex charges, told his trial at Bournemouth Crown Court he was "asexual" and had no interest in sex with either men or women.

Asked whether he was interested sexually in young boys, the 50-year-old said: "I've always had a low sex drive. It's never something I have required or desired in my life.

"I find their company stimulating. I enjoy the banter you can have with them.

"I also find young boys aesthetically pleasing to look at but I don't find them sexually attractive in any way."

Frere worked for British Airways for 25 years before leaving in February this year.

He was arrested in November last year after police found pornographic videos and indecent pictures on his computer and children's clothing in a bedroom drawer.

Investigations revealed Frere's regular social network contact with teenage boys in India.

The defendant said that he took monthly British Airways flights to Chennai in India, spending rest days visiting the nearby fishing village of Nochi Kuppam.

He said he became friends with the villagers because of his passion for photographing both children and adults and that he bought them clothes and gifts.

He said: "If I was there for several days I might spend a couple of hundred pounds, maybe less. I am in a position of being very well paid and don't have to support a family - it's money I can afford."

Frere, of Abingdon, Oxfordshire, denies a total of 25 sex charges.

He is accused of five offences of arranging or facilitating the commission of a child sex offence, which relates to his alleged conduct with boys in India.

Against the first alleged victim in the UK, he is charged with five counts of indecent assault; one count of indecency with a child and two charges of buggery.

He also faces a charge of one count of sexual activity with a child and one charge of attempting to record a person doing a private act in relation to a second alleged victim in the UK.

The defendant also faces six charges of possessing indecent photographs of a child and four charges of making indecent photographs of a child.

The trial continues.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Whale of a Trip

Educaring, 2

On the Cards, Part 1