The Daily Mail

I am not really a big fan of The Daily Mail, but my wife and I do love Bulgaria, our adopted home. That is why I agreed to contribute to this article and no, I was not paid a penny for my efforts.

Even though this article had my name on it, I did not actually write it. Katrina, a freelance journalist, was the lady who cobbled it together from pieces in my blog and from what I told her in a long telephone conversation. 

As you may have guessed, there were quite a lot of mistakes in it. For a start, the photo of the house in the article is not of our house at all! The beginning of the piece says that we go skiing regularly. I have never been skiing in my life! In my opinion, it is an expensive way to break your leg. There were several other examples of my comments being "jazzed up" or edited in ways that distorted the truth. 

Do these mistakes and inaccuracies really matter? If you really want to get all of the details, then of course you can read my blog. Irena and I love living in Bulgaria and I am sure that many Brits could have a much happier life in this country, rather than staying in the UK. We probably do have a better lifestyle than what we would have if we were back in Good Old Blighty. If more Brits decide to come to Bulgaria after reading this article in The Daily Mail, then that be the right decision for them - and for Bulgaria.   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Moving to Bulgaria