The Great Debate


My old friend Peter is supposed to be posting my new Barclaycard and a CD of the photos he took in Bulgaria this summer. No, they have not arrived yet and neither has anything from the HMRC. Bother!

As for me, I have been quite busy recently. We finally sorted out the tiles on the “summer kitchen”, the outside seating area located above the septic tank. Yes, there were quite a lot of tiles that were broken by the hailstorm.

Kamala Harris and Donald Trump finally got together for a nice little chat last night. A little bit earlier, I had quite a long discussion with Katrina, who is a journalist with The Daily Mail. No, I am not a keen reader of that newspaper, but she is writing an article about coming to live in Bulgaria, so I was happy to help her. Yes, it is even possible that some of Peter's Bulgarian photos might be appearing with the article! I am going to include a few of Peter's pics in this post.

Although my knee is still a bit stiff and painful, it is not too bad and it is okay as long as I do not put too much strain on it.

As for my tractor mower, it was in action yesterday. Garden Max, the big garden equipment place in VT, finally repaired it and brought it back to Daveri. Well, it seems to be working really well. It is just a pity that we do not have much grass at the moment, as the weather has been so hot and dry.

As for the wagon wheels, I have now repainted them all. It took ages. Unfortunately, I had to throw away three of them, as they had gone rotten and it was not worth repainting them. I managed to buy another one for thirty leva (that is about twelve pounds). Maybe I will be able to buy some more in VT. My friend Adrian will know the best place to find them. I guess that old-fashioned wooden wagon wheels would probably sell for a hundred quid apiece in the UK. I reckon that there might be a very profitable business there, just waiting for somebody!  

I do not know why Peter bothers taking his mother out to lunch. The food just seems to get worse and more expensive each time. Eight pounds for cold coup! I think that he should cook something himself and then take her somewhere nice, but not bother taking her to these absurdly expensive and not very good restaurants.

On the sunject of expensive lunches, is Trump going to jail or not? Am I going to win my bet with Peter and get that rather good lunch in a posh restaurant? Talk about "the law's delay". Someone else wisely said that justice delayed is justice denied. I find it rather sickening that this dreadful man has done so many awful things, yet the court cases just get postponed and delayed. When will Trump finally, finally pay for his crimes? Even more disgusting was Trump's running mate for vice president, J.D. Vance, saying that mass shootings in America are "a fact of daily life". His remark about childless cat ladies was pounced on by Taylor Swift, who purrfectly used it in her endorsement of Kamala. 

I was thinking of writing yet another "Gardening Bore" post, but I am not going to. Instead, I will just say that our tomatoes have been a bit disappointing this year, as we have not had enough rain. We had a few figs and we are hoping for a good crop next year. We have a big walnut tree at the bottom of our land (the bit on the other side of the wall) and this year there are masses of walnuts. I love eating walnuts with my porridge on a cold winter’s morning. The asparagus plants have gone mad and they have produced lots of green fronds, so we hope that next May we will be eating plenty of asparagus spears, preferably with some bread and butter, plenty of mayonnaise and a glass (or two) of white wine. We used to buy jars of Hellmann’s mayonnaise for ten leva a time, but my dear sweet wife has mastered the art of making homemade mayonnaise!

Comments

  1. Let's see - you are a British commie living in Bulgaria, making comments about the past president of yet another country you know nothing about. Stick to evaluating the mess in your home country and if you have half a brain, the reason you left it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am not a Communist and I have never voted for them or belonged to the Communist Party. Although I have been to one or two places around the world, I have never visited the USA and I have never said that I did. However, Donald Trump's thirty-four convictions in the hush money trial are public knowledge all around the world, even in Bulgaria, as are the judgements that were given against him for assaulting and defaming E. Jean Carroll. If some people in the States do not like it when those who live in other countries are commenting about their former president's appalling behaviour, perhaps one way to stop this would be for Mr Trump to start behaving more thoughtfully and responsibly in future. As for my comments about the problems in the UK, I have freely admitted that I do not live in the UK any more and so my information might be rather out-of-date and second hand.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Moving to Bulgaria