Ott


More years ago than I care to remember, I was teaching at The British School of Bucharest. In my Year 5 class was a young lady called Ottilie, although this inevitably became shortened to "Ott". In one of their English lessons, we were trying to write some extra verses for Edward Lear's The Akond of Swat, so Ottlie's abbreviated name came in very handy! Here is a photo of the young lady in question, looking rather shocked and wondering, "Who is this weird man? Please don't tell me that he is my new teacher!"

The other day I was so pleased to her from Sophie. Ottlie's Mum. (Does "Mum" really deserve a capital letter? Well, Sophie certainly deserves a capital M because she was a star and helped my class a lot when we were baking lots of bread and cakes.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Moving to Bulgaria