The Wall


Many years ago, more years than I care to remember, I went to a rock concert in Earl's Court. In fact, it was the only rock concert I ever went to in my whole life and yes, in case you had not guessed, it was Pink Floyd's The Wall. Well, Winston Churchill did a bit of bricklaying when he was at a loose end and I now have the job of repairing and strengthening the corner of our garden wall in Daveri.

 The corner of the wall is in pretty bad shape. A lot of the smaller stones seem to have fallen out, as the workmen who built the wall were a bit economical with their cement, so now I have the job of stuffing the gaps with whatever pieces of stone I can find, as well as old bits of broken tiles, and then putting cement on top. It is a long job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Moving to Bulgaria