Some like it cooler


I have ordered the DVDs of the American version of House of Cards, as I already have the British version. I am planning to watch it again with my old friend, Peter. This excellent BBC drama series does not show the Conservative Party in a positive and complimentary light.

Instead of buying Waitrose blueberries at £3.50, we will shortly be enjoying lots of our own organic blackcurrants and redcurrants for free! As well as making homemade marmalade, Irena has also started producing mayonnaise. This is perfect for our tomatoes and lettuces. Irena also grows a green leafy thing chervil, which has an interesting, lemony flavour.

The bad news is my dear lady wife has been slaughtering me at badminton. She is too good for me!

The other bad news that Bulgaria is already HOT. I mean, here in Daveri it is getting uncomfortably close to 40 C in the middle of the day. I do not suppose that it will be much cooler in July. Is this climate change? Well, there seems to be quite a lot of freaky weather in Europe at the moment. Peter will need to think twice about the clothes he is planning to bring with him. He will also have to adjust his daily schedule, as it is too damn hot to do anything outdoors for the middle part of the day. Irena and I usually have a snooze in the afternoon, after lunch, and then we get up and have a cup of tea about 4pm. We also get up early in the morning and do strenuous things like losing at badminton and gardening before breakfast.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Moving to Bulgaria