A Smashing Time

One of the good things about being back in VT is that we can go for a stroll with the VT Walkers every Wednesday. 

Last week we also had an evening meal with everybody and that was great. The pizza was good too, but I could not drink because I was driving. Bother!


The other smashing incident happened a few days later, at about midnight. There was a car on fire at the end of our road (and yes, it was a hybrid). It really made a jolly blaze and nearly set fire to some of the houses! Anyway, the next morning I had been taking that naughty Plovdiv dog for a walk and I was just coming home for breakfast when I discovered the damage. It was a bit of a shock!


The fire truck that smashed into the back of my old Nissan X-Trail. I reckon that the truck must have been going quite fast, as it did some serious damage to the bumper. I suppose we should thank God that it did not break the petrol tank as well. That could have been rather interesting.


Later there were a couple of policemen in our street and I asked them what had happened. Then I phoned the fire department and a couple of chaps came round. They filled out a traffic incident report and admitted liability. Well, this meant that I could finally take the car to the Toyota garage. The only problem was that the Toyota people told me that they could not do anything until I had been to see the fire department’s insurance company. 

Finally, I managed to sort out the insurance company. They took some photos of the wrecked bumper and said yes, I could now go back to Toyota. The following day, I phoned Toyota and they said that the repairs are going to cost about eight hundred leva (about four hundred pounds) and they will probably take about a week. It very much looks as though I will be later reimbursed for these repairs and maybe that might take at least a month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Hello once again, Peter