Dear Malcom 4


Dear Malcolm,               Thursday, 3rd May, 2023

How are you, old fellow? I always enjoy reading your emails and of course they bring back memories of our time in the Magic Kingdom.


Well, I have finally reached the grand old age of 64. I am looking forward to being 65, as then (at long last) I will be getting some money back from Her Majesty’s government. I suppose that now it ought to be “His Majesty’s government”, as King Charles III has become our new royal ruler. Camilla seems to be a total cow and the other two King Charleses were disasters, so I do not have much hope for the new one. What a flipping waste of money, this silly coronation nonsense!


On my birthday, we went into Elena, a local town about 10 kms away from our country house, as there was a rather good folklore festival. Lots of music, singing, dancing and old-style Bulgarian costumes. It was all put on for the tourists, I suppose, but it was fun, even though some of the singing sounded a bit like cats screeching prior to having sex. This was followed by a large lunch at a traditional Bulgarian restaurant in Elena. We had a good meal and Irena did the driving on the way home!


At last the weather has changed and summer finally seems to be on its way. This means, of course, that my dear wife suddenly remembers all of the things that she wants me to do in the garden. No rest for the wicked! The tractor mower has been working splendidly, you will be pleased to know, and work has begun on the re-painting the badminton court.


That is about it, I think. No more news. My guess is that the Ukrainian counter-offensive will start in a week or so, when the ground gets a bit firmer for the tanks and the armoured fighting vehicles that were kindly donated by the UK, the US and Germany. Then the Crimea will be re-taken, Putin will be removed (one way or another) and the war will at last be over, we hope. It is a pity that the recent drone attack on the Kremlin did not get him, but maybe they will have better luck next time.

Best wishes from Daveri,

Simon




Comments

  1. I know you may think these blogs are a waste of time because nobody replies to your post, but I would like to let you know, I enjoy reading them when you do upload them.

    Every month, I will check back and see your latest update, I never leave any comments because I never have anything that is worth adding to your posts, Still! I hope you see this and continue, as there are people who lurk here just enjoying the content.

    Thanks
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging feedback, Carl. Yes, I must try to write my blog more often!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Hello once again, Peter