Hello, Auntie

The news re. Ukraine has been so depressing recently. No, I am not going to repeat all of the stories about the bombs, the refugees and the wrecked apartment blocks. No, in these troubling times let us please turn to something much more amusing, light-hearted and positive, Auntie Bulgaria, even if it does have quite a lot of cats.


Even though it is full of cats and I am definitely a doggie person, Claire Ruston's blog is a great read and the photos are nice too. It is funny, quirky, full of lots of yummy posts about food (no, I am not a vegan, but I might become one if I keep reading this blog) and it has a happy joie de vivre. As for wine, I also have the strong impression that Claire likes the odd glass (or three). No, I am not quite so keen on the endless cats and her use of the F-word (no, not felines) at least two or three times per post, but hey, let us enjoy Claire's blog for what it is, namely a happy celebration of all things Bulgarian, plants, food, and of course more cats. Her blog is also an encouragement and an example to anyone who wants to get out of the UK rat-race and do something crazy, such as buying a run-down country house in Bulgaria, with or without cats.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Hello once again, Peter