Gone Away! Part 2

It is a beautiful sunny morning here in Daveri and I am listening to some Beethoven as I type this to you. I have just taken a fat little doggie for a walk in the lovely Bulgarian countryside. For once, she actually came back to me when I called "Tina!" That was because I had some food with me. Bribery usually works.

Yes, I am all on my own and my dear wife will not be back for two more weeks.

The men are supposed to be coming tomorrow, to fix the roofs on our outhouses. It might take them a while. Probably the old plum tree next to the "summer kitchen" will have to go because I cannot see how they are going to repair the roof with that thing in the way. 

I am continuing with my painting and I am hoping to get all of the wooden fence painted with the old engine oil before my dear wife Irisha returns on 1st October. It is a long and very boring job, but it has to be done. The fence is about eighteen years old, so the wood has dried out and it is very brittle.

While we are on the subject of long and boring tasks, I finally managed to get the Bulgarian census form completed. Well, it took absolutely blooming ages. I had to copy and paste each question into Google Translate and then try to work out the answer. In some cases, I really did not know what the answer was (or else I did not understand the question, even after it was translated) and so some of it was just guesswork.

No, so far the DVDs that my friend Peter has posted to me have not arrived. I went to the post office in Pavlikeni twice last week. I will try again on Monday. In America, there are supposed to be loads of advertisements whenever you watch TV. I hate adverts. Yes, DVDs are not exactly cheap, but at least you can watch them whenever you want and there are no pestilential adverts!

My blog has now notched up more than 80,000 "hits". I have been a bit lazy recently and I must try to write a few more entries.

The second time I phoned Barclays, the chap assured me that the money would now be transferred to my account in Bulgaria, without any more delays. That is good because I have to pay the workmen. I have also asked Vincent to help me to install a jacuzzi! Yes, please stop laughing. I am quite serious. Irena wants to have a bath put into one of the bathrooms, so I thought, "Well, why not give her a surprise when she gets back and have a jacuzzi?"

As for my cookery skills, I have made two Bouillabaisses and very delicious they were too. I also created a cheesy lasagne and had a go at making my own Chicken Kiev. Today it is going to be Moussaka. We have also discovered "Leva", the most amazing and delicious red wine you have ever tasted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Hello once again, Peter