Some like it hot, Part 7


If you have been faithfully reading my blog, then by now you should be an expert on centralne tepline. (That is Bulgarian for "central heating", just in case you have forgotten.) 
In Daveri, keeping our home toasty-warm is quite a time-consuming business. I usually go downstairs at about 4 or 5am and give the fire a good raking, so that lots of the ash goes onto the tray underneath the metal grate. Next to the fireplace we have an impressive-looking collection of tools to use. They look like instruments of torture from the Middle Ages. 
Then I put some more wood onto the fire and, if I am lucky, there is soon a good blaze going once more. Then I go down again and put on some more wood at about six, when a naughty little doggie asks for her breakfast and she needs to go outside, to do her business at the bottom of the garden. Then I get another snooze until 8am or thereabouts when, if I am lucky, my dear wife brings my morning mug of tea up to the bedroom. 
After breakfast, I get some more wood from the shed and then I fill up the buckets and the rack with enough fuel to last the day. Finally, I take out the tray of ash and throw it somewhere in the garden. I am hoping that all of this ash is going to help the asparagus to grow really well. 
The carpenter finally arrived to install the new cupboards under the stairs. We wanted new ones in order to hide all of the central heating gubbins (pipes, thermostat, electric pump etc.) 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Hello once again, Peter

Educaring, Part 2