Let it mow


I have a new (and rather expensive) toy, a Husqvarna tractor mower. It arrived on Wednesday morning and it is one of those “ride on” mowers. This means that you do not have to push the blooming thing. In fact, you do not even have to get off in order to empty the huge grass box on the back of the mower, as there is a special handle that lets you do that without getting off your bottom. My new mower is only 2WD, whereas my neighbour Vincent has a 4WD version and he needs it because the lawn at one of his properties has quite a steep slope. The mower is very maneuverable and it has a tight turning circle, but of course even its top speed is not fast. It looks as though we will not be on the F1 circuit sometime soon, although I do recall reading somewhere that lawnmower racing is actually quite a popular sport in the UK! 



As you can probably imagine, Irena is not altogether happy about my new plaything, even though she is smiling in the photograph. However, she was very happy about finding lots of mushrooms in the woods not far from our house. We had them for lunch and they were very tasty. They were probably not poisonous because I am still alive and writing this in my blog. 

I assume, of course, that you know the answer to the old question: “What is the difference between men and boys?” Well, just in case you do not know the answer, I will tell you: “The price of their toys”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Hello once again, Peter

Educaring, Part 2