Hello, Tom

Lots of young (and some not-so-young) teachers write to me via the TES. My alter alias is “the hippo” and I try to help and advise everyone who asks for my help. As young Tom is taking over my old job at St. George's School as English teacher for Grade 3, I really felt that I ought to meet him and try to give him some guidance.

The good news is that last year I spent hours (and hours!) preparing lots of teaching resources, so Tom does not have to start from scratch. There is a huge “ability gap” between the most able students and the weakest ones, so lots of different resources and teaching strategies are needed.

And the lunch? My Chinese readers ALWAYS want lots of photos of food. I hope that you are not too disappointed. The tomato-based salad was good (I love mozarella) and so was the pizza.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Educaring, Part 2

Hello once again, Peter