Bad BG, Part 4

I love Bulgaria. A committed Bulgarophile, I am now in the process of buying our THIRD property in this country. That does not mean, however, that I like everything that is BG-related.
 
A real Bulgarian electricity bill!
For nearly two years, those scumbags at the Bulgarian electricity company have been overcharging us. We had no option but to pay, as they will disconnect you faster than saying "Nyama tok!" (No electricity!)

I thought that an e-mail would do the job, as there was a long queue at the electricity company's office, just along the road from the Lions Bridge (you can't hide your lion eyes). Well, I should have known better. Just because they do actually have an e-mail address does not really mean that the electricity company will answer your e-mails. And even if they do, it does not mean that they will refund you all of the money that they have collected because they have been overcharging you. 

First I sent to the electricity company all of the photos of the meter I had made. That did not achieve the desired result and in their reply they made the standard I-cannot-be-bothered ploy of asking for more information, so I sent them a copy of the electricity bill that they sent to me. Will this achieve anything? Probably not.  

And a genuine Bulgarian electricity meter.

The lawyer who dealt with the documents relating to the sale of our house in Kalotina is a nice lady called Sylvana. (Legal work is a lot cheaper in Bulgaria than it is in the UK, incidentally.) Anyway, I asked her, "Is it it true that there is a lot of corruption in Bulgaria? Bribe-taking? Mafia?" Yes.

UPDATE: Thanks to Sylvana's excellent efforts, the electricity company has at last admitted that they owe as a refund of more than 1,200 leva.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Hello once again, Peter

Educaring, Part 2