In the Park

Mountains and blossom, so are we in Japan?
 After church, Irena and I went for a very enjoyable walk in the park. Just across the road from our apartment in Sofia, in the district of Lozenets, there is a huge park. 


It is rather different to Lianhuacun Park in Shenzhen. Regular readers of my blog (if there are any) will remember that our apartment was on the other side of the road from Lianhuacun Park. That one was so well looked after, manicured and properly maintained. Our park here in Sofia is neglected, run down and generally abandoned. I have never seen anyone who looked like a parken warden or a gardener.




It is so strange, the way that the leaves suddenly appear and look such a bright shade of green. The sight of the snow-capped Mount Vitosha and what might have been cherry blossom was almost Japanese. 


Some poor trees are half-strangled with martinitsi. You are supposed to wear your martinitsa on your wrist until you see a stork or maybe you have to see a tree with blossom. I am not quite sure.

I suppose that I ought to apologize for not writing a post for my blog for such a long time. I do not know why I just have not got round to doing it. Part of it is that I have not wanted to write about my new teaching job at St. George's, as I cannot include any photos of my students and I think that The Powers That Be might not take too kindly to what I might write.
It's good to be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Hello once again, Peter

Educaring, Part 2