Well done, Adam!

There's a dead body in the window seat, Mortimer!
It is not every day that I get a message from one of my old students, but today I discovered that there was a comment that someone had put at the end of my latest blog post.


Headed for marital bliss? Mortimer and his future bride.
I remember Adam Weymouth when he was about 11 or 12 years old. He was a most marvellous Mortimer Brewster in Arsenic and Old Lace (directed by yours truly) and he was a singularly evil and Machiavellian Cardinal Richelieu in my production of The Three Musketeers. 

Well, today I had a message from Adam Weymouth and here it is!

Simon! Although I still feel compelled to call you Mr Hill...I've been trying to track you down for a few days, and with some help from Sue King and Isabelle Assali they've pointed me in the direction of your blog. This is Adam Weymouth, who you taught for some years at Northaw back in the mid 90s. I've been wanting to get in touch to thank you - last week I won the Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year for my first book, "Kings of the Yukon" - and I feel like it's time to thank the person more than any other that started me on a road to writing and a love of books. Would love to send you a longer email update - if you drop me your email and then I can get in touch. Just been having a read through your blog, seems like you and Ira are doing really well. All best, Adam

The Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year, Adam Weymouth!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the Cards, Part 1

Hello once again, Peter

Educaring, Part 2